I finally got the gist of the popcorn stitch and finished off the flowers I’d already started.
Fifteen of them to be precise. Not much of a dent out of the 190 that I need to make my large blanket! I should really make all the flowers first but I really wanted to get started joining them together so I could see some progress. The method used in this pattern in join-as-you-go which is new to me. It took me ages to try and get my head round it. I think they make it far more complicated in the book than it needs to be. My brain was frazzled!
By the time I’d got to the 4th one I kind of got it and didn’t need to keep referring to the book. I was on a roll so carried on my work upstairs while the ps4 was being played downstairs.
I made good progress and by around midnight I’d joined all 15 flowers…
This morning I’ve been playing with colour. These are all the different colours I’m using for the flowers…
It really helps to see them laid out like this so you can see which colours work well together. Though they weren’t there for long as Baby J decided they made really good play things!
I have one week to get a camping crochet project together. If I can make a load more flowers this week I might take this to work on. I don’t want to be taking loads of wool with me so will have to see.
I’m so happy to be hooking again 😊