Hello! Well, we’re a whole month into 2016 already, where has that gone? As promised, I’m back to let you know how I’ve got on with the New Years Resolutions I set myself. Here’s a little reminder of them..
I’m kind of cringing as I haven’t done very well at all really. Working backwards from
6. We’ve made a bit of progress. We’ve added a couple of extra activities into our week so far, the group on a Monday at the art gallery and Aqua tots (swimming) at our local leisure centre. We already go to Tots Spot every Wednesday morning without fail. We love it there. It’s very full on keeping him entertained and out of mischief at the moment. He’s not really napping in the day now so it’s pretty much non-stop with my little daredevil from the moment he wakes up until bedtime. This makes No.2 very tricky!
5. We have three teenagers in the house, what on earth was I thinking?!! It’s hard enough to get them to just eat at the table all together, let alone leave their technology behind and have a conversation. I’m not completely giving up on this one, maybe just once a month might be a bit more realistic.
4. Hmmm, not very good here either. I have painted my nails once, not sure that really qualifies as a pamper evening though! Ooh, I did have a bath bomb in my bath one night, look at the colours..
I really must try harder though, I do need a good pamper.
3. I think I was kidding myself with this one. As much as I really want to exercise, it’s just not going to happen with a toddler constantly attached to me. My membership at the leisure centre only covers me up to 5pm and running with a pram is far from ideal. This time next year, baby J will be in nursery for a couple of mornings so hopefully I can get some opportunity then.
2. Well, I did actually write a list of all the household tasks and how often they need doing but unfortunately that’s as far as I got. As usual, I’m just doing it in order of what needs doing the most and never getting all that far. I used to get quite a bit done in nap time but now that’s gone I’m not getting the chance. I’d still like to try and get a bit more organised with this, watch this space.
1. I saved the best till last. Success! I have spent the last four weeks writing meal plans, doing online shopping and not having to stress each day about what to have for dinner. It honestly is one of the best things I have done. I’ve been using up stuff that’s been in the cupboards and best of all, have practically eliminated any food waste. Instead of spending every other day in the supermarket, my groceries now arrive to my door, at a time that suits me, no stress. All I have to do is put it away. I’ve even been trying to experiment with a few new recipes too. I’m pretty sure we’re better off financially, a win win situation.
So all in all, I wasn’t as successful as I’d hoped, but I still want to work on those areas where I failed. Never say never!
Have any of you managed to stick to your resolutions?